Ceramic Watches for Men
Ceramic Watches for Men
From precious metals to carbon technology, wristwatches can be produced from almost any material today. One of these materials is ceramic. The case, bracelet and bezel of a watch can be made of ceramic. Before discussing this, we must answer the question of what is ceramics. Ceramic is a solid, inorganic and non-metallic material. Manufacturers produce ceramics using pure materials and metal compounds. Some brands are trying different variations with different alloys to create variety in the material. Ceramic watches gain a unique look with their different designs. These models, whose material is very hard, are very resistant to rust and scratches. You can use the ceramic watch band you will buy safely for many years without even a little wear. The brand, which has a wide range of diameters, offers its users watch alternatives in all sizes. Manufactured with case material of steel, metal, brass and ceramic, the watches appeal to the eye and offer an alternative look.
Advantages of ceramic watches:
- They are resistant to abrasion. The biggest advantage of mens ceramic watches is its hardness compared to steel or gold watches. This material is 3-4 times harder to rust than steel. It is almost scratch-proof and even after many years, it is as durable as the first day you bought it and does not show even the slightest sign of wear. In addition, the ceramic material is not affected by ultraviolet rays. That's why some brands use ceramics in their sports and diving watches. Because ceramic watches are also very resistant to chemical erosion.
- Silver or gold watches are heavier than ceramic watches. Although it looks heavy, the ceramic obtained by the methods we mentioned above is light. It is lighter than most metals. If we put it in the rankings, it can compete with aluminum. Therefore, ceramic watches are very ergonomic and do not tire your wrist.
- Ceramic watches are hypoallergenic. Ceramic watches are hypoallergenic, not antiallergic. It is accepted by the manufacturers as such. Unlike steel, ceramic does not rust or corrode under any circumstances. Even people with the most sensitive skin do not experience skin irritation or allergic reactions. Ceramic watches are a great solution if you have a nickel allergy.
- They are a great option for colorful watches. Ceramic watches are produced in many different colors. However, it is an excellent material for colorful watches. Unlike coated watches, ceramic watches do not fade or wear, as the colors are a unique feature. Therefore, if you choose between colorful watches, the fact that the watch is made of ceramic means that you will not have problems such as discoloration or fading over time.
- They are very resistant against heat. Titanium and steel watches can get very hot when exposed to heat. Ceramic watches are unlikely to heat up quickly in this situation. If you work or live in a warm environment, it will be advantageous for you to have the band and bezel of your watches made of ceramic.
Disadvantages of ceramic watches:
- They are potentially fragile. While ceramic watches are the most scratch resistant watch material, it is not resistant to shattering (especially due to its molecular structure). If a ceramic watch falls from a slightly elevated place and hits a hard surface, it is likely to break.
- Ceramic watches are difficult to produce. The processes followed in ceramic making are quite complex. It takes quite a bit of time to heat and cool and is difficult to shape and process. Once the mold is obtained, it needs to be polished to make the ceramic surface smooth. These are just a few of the things that cause them to sell more expensive watches than more easily produced watches like metal.
- They are comparatively expensive
- As we have just mentioned, since ceramic is a material that is difficult to produce, it makes sense that it is expensive compared to other products. A quality ceramic is not used in cheap, ordinary watch brands. Usually used in limited numbers and more expensive watches.
Another riveting topic about ceramic watches for men is how they are made, what is the process. Thanks to their chemical structure they can resist the pressure until their bond's standing limit. This means that metals could deform in the structure while the ceramics keep their original structure.
- The production process is starting with mixing ceramic powder with a chemical agent and leaving them for 24 hours. This ceramic mixture will then transfer to the super-heated rollers and leave for 10 hours at 260°C. This specialized ceramic mixture will change its form to a cement-like structure to a smooth and elastic form and leave it for heat-resistant sheets for cooling down. after cooling, the sheets are transferred to the press machine. So the case and strap can be stamped.
- The non-polished cases are able to position into a slow-moving conveyor. Cases are traveling through this device for almost 24 hours at 560°. Then they are placing onto an oven and fire at more than a thousand degrees for 24 hours.
III. The fired watch cases then pass the polishing and shaping process by an experienced technician team and they give the cases the exact and perfect shapes.
- For finals, the finished pieces are linked together as the watch and watchband.
The most asked question about ceramic watches for men is how to clean them. You can clean by a soft and a non-scratchy material and gain your look like on the first day. Sweep slowly the watch case, band and back to avoid any remaining dust.